For the sake of the U.S.A.Let it happen!
Friday, April 17, 2009
Maj. General Calls forIinvestigation
For the sake of the U.S.A.Let it happen!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Right-Wingers Are Desperately Trying to Destroy Obama, and the Cowardly Corporate Media Are Helping
So Say The People!
Cheney is full of it!!!
So, what else is new?
72 percent of Americans disagree with Cheney’s claim that Obama has made the U.S. less safe.
Last month, former Vice President Dick Cheney complained that President Obama’s policies “raise the risk…of another attack” in the U.S.Since then, numerous government officials — including Gen. David Petraeus and Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-NE) — have spoken out against Cheney’s remarks.
Now, a new CNN poll shows that the American public also view Cheney’s claim with disregard.
According to the poll, 72 percent “disagree with Cheney’s view that some of Obama’s actions have put the country at greater risk with 26 percent agreeing with the former vice president.”
Krugman on the Chambliss Hypocrisy
Here is' something for my fellow Georgians.
more about "Krugman on the Chambliss Hypocrisy", posted with vodpod
Obama a 'fascist'?
Why can't anyone think to ask even one of these nut jobs to define Fascism or Socialism or Communism for that matter? How about Capitalism? Can anyone define Capitalism
The man who founded the Fascist party in Italy was none other than, Benito Mussolini. He said that the word for fascism would easily be replaced with corporatism; when government and the corporations, who own the elected officials, are one force in the nation and in the world, representing the U.S.A..
Proud of all our corporate types and what they have been up to for the past 50 years or so? Is anyone proud to vote for one more politician who is owned by some corporate interest that is clearly not in-line with the well-being of the people?
more about "Obama a 'fascist'?", posted with vodpod
Obama publishes 'torture' memos
| ABOUT TIME!!! | |||
The US has published four secret memos detailing legal justification for the Bush-era CIA interrogation programme. Critics of the programme say the methods used amounted to torture. President Obama has also issued a statement guaranteeing that no CIA employees will be prosecuted for their role in the interrogation programme. Some in the CIA wanted parts of the memos to be blacked out, fearing full disclosure could trigger lawsuits against agents, reports suggest. The release of the memos stems from a request by civil rights group the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU). Harsh techniques Three of the documents were written in May 2005 by the then acting head of the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel (OLC), Stephen G. Bradbury. They gave legal support for the combined use of various coercive techniques, and concluded that the CIA's methods were not "cruel, inhuman or degrading" under international law.
The fourth document, dating from 1 August 2002, was written by OLC lawyer John Yoo and signed by his colleague Jay Bybee. It contained legal authorisation for a list of specific harsh interrogation techniques. Critics of the Bush administration's interrogation programme say the memos provide evidence that many of the methods authorised amount to torture under US and international law. There was a rift within the Obama administration about whether the documents should be made available to the public in full or should be partially redacted. Attorney General Eric Holder and White House Counsel Greg Craig were vocal supporters of full publication of the memos, according to reports. But CIA chief Leon Panetta and Deputy Director John Brennan called for portions of the memos to be blacked out, or redacted, the New York Times reported. They were concerned that full disclosure would set a precedent for future exposure of intelligence sources and methods, and would threaten America's relationship with allied intelligence services. But civil liberties campaigners said anything short of full publication would undermine President Obama's attempts to paint himself as more transparent than his predecessor. Announcing the publication of the memos, Mr Obama said: "I believe that exceptional circumstances surround these memos and require their release." "Withholding these memos would only serve to deny facts that have been in the public domain for some time," he explained. But he also gave an assurance that "those who carried out their duties relying in good faith upon legal advice from the Department of Justice... will not be subject to prosecution." During his first week in office, President Obama issued an executive order officially outlawing the use of harsh interrogation techniques by the CIA, and forcing the agency to adhere to standards laid out in the US Army Field Manual. | |||
Let The Sun Shine In......